1. Human Trafficking is the illegal trade of human beings for the purposes of reproductive slavery, commercial sexual exploitation, forced labor, or any form of modern day slavery.
2. It is estimated that there are approximately 27 million slaves in the world. (UNICEF)
3. According to some estimates, approximately 80% of trafficking involves exploitation, and 19% involves labor exploitation.
4. Around half of trafficking victims in the world are under 18.
5. The total market value of illicit human trafficking is estimated to be in excess of 32 billion. (UN)
cited from www.ijm.org