Who? All legally registered voters of California.
What? Prop 35 is a ballot initiative aimed at stemming the growth and ultimately putting an end to human trafficking within CA. It seeks to:
- Increase prison terms for human traffickers
- Require convicted sex traffickers to register as sex offenders.
- Require all registered sex offenders to disclose their internet accounts.
- Require criminal fines from convicted human traffickers to pay for services to help victims.
- Mandate law enforcement training on human trafficking. (Cite)
When? November 2012.
Where? At every CA polling station.
Why? Because “California is home to [THREE] of 13 high-intensity child sex trafficking cities: Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego.” (Cite) The vulnerable CA men, women and children who are being held against their will and sexually exploited need the help of their fellow community members, in order to help pressure their state government to make an effort to put an end to this tragedy. If you are a CA voter, will you help?