SOLO Eyewear

80% of the world’s blindness is preventable. 1 billion people do not have access to eye care.

How can we make an impact and help someone in need? SOLO Eyewear, a unique non-profit organization with a line of hybrid bamboo sunglasses, helps change the lives of those lacking prescription glasses and/or the proper eyecare. Each time you purchase a pair of SOLOs eyewear, you help fund a pair of prescription glasses and a portion of an eye surgery for two people. In order for their donation to be successfully used, they partner with three organizations to help provide the glasses and help with cataract surgeries: Restoring VisionL.V. Prasad Eye Institute, and Aravind Eye Care System.

50% of the world’s preventable blindness is caused by cataracts.  [Their] partners, L.V. Prasad Eye Institute and Aravind Eye Care System, are able to treat cataracts in as few as 5 minutes for $15 to $40.  They have serviced millions of underprivileged people in need free of charge.  In less than a year, SOLO was able to contribute to their efforts and fund 105 cataract surgeries for people in need.”

95% of people in Sub-Saharan Africa who are in need of prescription eyeglasses do not own a pair.  Of those in need of glasses, 60% need reading glasses and the remaining 40% need glasses to treat nearsightedness. Through [their] partnership with Restoring Vision, SOLO was able to fund 750 pairs of reading glasses for people in need across 11 countries.”

The SOLO Cycle. One Idea. One Person. One Action. Can Change the World!

To learn more about SOLO Eyewear, click

Advertisements
Tagged , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: