Made By Survivors is an international nonprofit organization which employs and educates survivors of slavery and other human rights abuses, including many women and children living in extreme poverty.
Their programs provide training in highly respected professions and wages high enough to get people out of poverty and able to support themselves independently. 100% of profits go to support rescue and aftercare.
Since 2005 they have:
- Trained and employed 350 survivor artisans
- Sent 250 children to school with their Education Fund
- Trained 70 survivors as artisan goldsmiths – breaking gender barriers
- Invested $165,000 in building new shelters
- Invested $65,000 supporting their partners rescue programs
- Invested $22,000 in aftercare programs for rescued survivors
“We want the best for our children – to go to school rather than to work. We want for ourselves, only the chance to choose our work, and to be paid for it, to care for our families and to help others. So I hope you will support us.” – Rekha, Made By Survivors Artisan
To learn more about Made By Survivors, click here.