In 2011, UNICEF estimated around 150 million children in developing countries, between the ages of 5-14, were involved in child labor.
This content is cited from UNICEF.
UNICEF reports that across the world, there are over one million children entering the sex trade every year and that approximately 30 million children have lost their childhood through sexual exploitation over the past 30 years.
To find out more about UNICEF, click here.
1. Human Trafficking is the illegal trade of human beings for the purposes of reproductive slavery, commercial sexual exploitation, forced labor, or any form of modern day slavery.
2. It is estimated that there are approximately 27 million slaves in the world. (UNICEF)
3. According to some estimates, approximately 80% of trafficking involves exploitation, and 19% involves labor exploitation.
4. Around half of trafficking victims in the world are under 18.
5. The total market value of illicit human trafficking is estimated to be in excess of 32 billion. (UN)
cited from www.ijm.org